Most of us, at some point, wonder, “Is this it?” Do we just deal with family members who don’t approve of what we are doing. Do we study, work, try to squeeze in enough time for sleep and fun? There’s more to life than the humdrum daily routines we get into, but you’ll have to work hard to find it. If you’re feeling empty or unsatisfied, here’s how you can learn to live a happier and more fulfilling life every day. It’ll take practice, but it’s worth it.
Here are a few things to get your life HAPPY!!! And remember family, friends, or co-workers can get jealous, especially if they are living a boring, solitary life and want you to be down in the dumps with them.
- First, avoid downer people. Sometimes they are hard to avoid, especially if they are friends or family. If you can’t just walk away, in time they probably will be so jealous of your happiness that they will just wither off into their own lonely existence.
- Be true to yourself. Figure out who you are and always stay true to yourself. Being someone you’re not or trying to live up to others’ expectations is a surefire way to drain your energy and your joy.
- Live in the moment. This is YOUR time!!! It’s great, enjoy it!!
- Have a dream? Follow it! If you have a dream, go for it. Even if you don’t succeed, at least you won’t have any regrets or wonder about what could have been. Putting your dream on a shelf while you just get by in life will leave you feeling empty and sad.
- It doesn’t matter at all what other people do or how well or poorly they do it. Competing against other people is exhausting and will always leave you feeling unsatisfied. There’s always going to be someone else who’s smarter, stronger, better looking, wealthier, etc.m who cares?! Value your personal accomplishments instead of aiming to be the greatest in the world. Your accomplishments, no matter how small, do matter and are worth celebrating. Be your best, not the best.
- Laugh laugh laugh…even at your self! It’s fun!!! Don’t be like that boring guy trying to fit in and be what he thinks others want him to be… Don’t take everything so seriously. Laugh at your failures and your mistakes. Be goofy. Be weird. Laughter is always the best medicine.
So, figure out what makes you happy and just do it! Other’s may become jealous or not understand your new zest for life….but OH WELL! This is your life, no one else’s! Enjoy!!!